Article 136 Legal proceedings shall be suspended in any of the following circumstances:
(1) one of the parties dies and it is necessary to wait for the heir or heiress to make clear whether to participate or not in the proceedings;
(2) one of the parties has lost the capacity to engage in litigation and his agent ad item has not been designated yet;
"(3) the legal person or any other organization as one of the parties has dissolved, and the successor to its rights and obligations has not been determined2
(4) one of the parties is unable to participate in the proceedings for reasons of force majeure;
(5) the adjudication of the case pending3
is dependent on the results of the trial of another case that has not yet been concluded;
or (6) other circumstances that warrant the suspension of the litigation.
The proceedings shall resume after the causes of the suspension have been eliminated.
Article 137 Legal proceedings shall be terminated in any of the following circumstances:
"(1) the plaintiff dies without a successor, or the successor waives4
the right to litigate;"
" (2) the decedent leaves no estate, nor anyone to succeed to his obligations; "
(3) one of the parties in a divorce case dies;
" or (4) one of the parties dies who is a claimant to alimony, support for elders or children or to the termination of adoptive relationship."