A:Impossible!Its importance is very clearly to been seen.You gave me the OK just a few days ago.
这怎么可以呢!这个会议的重要性显而易见,几天前还说没问题的。
B:I know. But there's really nothing that can be done about it.The equipment has been damaged,and can't be recovered in so short a period.
我知道,但我实在无能为力,器材受损,无法在一两天内修复。
A:The general manager is going to be blue in the face,when she hears about this.There
negotiations1 are hard to handle.
总经理知道这件事会很生气的,这些谈判工作很难处理。
B:I've told all departments of the cancellation,and change for Friday.
我已经通知各部门会议要取消,改在星期五。
A:I'd better call the
client2 again myself and make apologies.
我还是亲自再打电话向客户致歉。
B:William,I know you are not troubled with this right now,but the general manager will not be in later this afternoon.You'd better tell her this morning.
威廉,我知道你现在不想做这件事,但总经理下午会出去,你最好早上告诉她。
A:I must be leaving now,since she is
superior3 to me in position.Wish me luck.
我得走了。既然她在我地位之上。祝我好运吧!
A:Manager,are you free now?
总经理,你有空吗?
C:Certainly,William.What's the matter?
威廉,当然有空。你有什么事吗?
A:Well,I'm afraid I've got a bit of bad news.My guys have just told me that tomorrow's meeting has to be called off.
唔,我恐怕有个坏消息告诉你,我下面的人刚告诉我,明天的会议非取消不可。
C:Cancelled?That just can't happen!These negotiations come to naught,this just might ruin the whole plan.It'll have to go on as planned.
取消?怎么可以取消呢?取消谈判会让整个计划都完蛋的。非得如期举行不可!
A:Sorry to say,but no can do.The equipment broke down and can't be
fixed4 till Friday.
很抱歉,斯蒂文,真的办不到。设备坏了,星期五才能修好。
C:I don't believed it.I'm just afraid what else can go wrong.
以前我从严不相信会出乱子,现在我真担心哪里又会再出错。
A:It may not be so bad.The client has no
opposition5 to a rescheduled time,and doesn't seem upset.
事情也许没那么糟。客户已经同意了重新约定的时间,而且也没在意。
分享到: