I will say this again. On every continent, think of the struggles in Latin America; think of the political struggles and social and economic struggles in America; think of what's going on in Asia; think of what's going on in Africa;
我再说一遍。想一想每个大洲,拉丁美洲的挣扎;美国的政治、社会、经济斗争;亚洲和非洲正在发生什么;
think of how Europe is
dealing1 with this
influx2 from the Middle East of the largest number of refugees since World War II, and all the conflicts within all these countries, and whether they should keep Europe together.
欧洲如何应对二战以来最大数量的从中东难民,以及处理这些国家内部的所有冲突,他们是否应该保证欧洲的团结。
Every single one of these is part of an
ongoing3 battle to define the terms of our interdependence.
这其中的每一项都关系到如何定义我们相互依存关系的持续斗争。
Will we do it in positive or negative terms?
我们会用积极的还是消极的态度来做这件事?
Are we going to expand the definition of us and shrink the definition of them, or shall we just hunker down in the face of uncomfortable realities and just stick with our own crowd?
我们是要扩大我们的定义,缩小他们的定义,还是应该在令人不安的现实面前低调行事,只与我们自己人在一起?
It will be a
bleaker4 future if you do that.
如果你那样做,未来会更加黯淡。
Set the world on fire with your imagination, not with your matches.
用你的想象力点燃世界,而不是用你的火柴。
Set the world on fire by proving that what we have in common is a million times more important than our admittedly
utterly5 fascinating differences.
通过证明我们的共同点比那些所谓迷人的差异重要一百万倍,点燃世界吧!
If every day we all get a little better in seeing everyone we encounter
physically6 or virtually, if we remember that a very short life, the things that we share that are even more than the things about us that are special.
如果每一天我们都能好好地看现实或虚拟遇到的每一个人,如果我们记得,生命非常短暂,共享的东西比我们自身的特别之处更多。
So do well. Do good.
好好干。做好事。
Have a good time doing it, and remember, it's the journey that matters.
祝你做得愉快,记住,重要的是旅程。
Set the world on fire in the right way.
以正确的方式点燃世界。
God bless you.
愿上帝保佑你。
分享到: