Is there something you think is a
sheer1 waste of time?
有没有什么事情是你认为纯粹是浪费时间的?
Look there are a lot of things that are a waste of time.
看,有很多事情都是在浪费时间。
You know, when you think about your life, I think I often tell people that I work with.
我经常告诉我的同事,当你思考你的生活时,
If you can get, because people have very high standards for how they want their work life to be.
如果你能做到,因为人们对自己的工作生活有很高的要求。
I said, 'Look, if you can get your work life to be where you enjoy half of it, that is amazing.'
我说,‘如果你能让你的工作生活有一半是你喜欢的,那就太棒了。'
Because very few people ever achieve that because the truth is everything comes with overhead.
因为很少有人能做到这一点,因为事实是,一切都是有开销的。
That's reality, everything comes with pieces that you don't like.
这就是现实,所有的东西都有你不喜欢的部分。
You could be a
supreme2 court justice and there's still going to be pieces of your job you don't like.
即使你是最高法院的法官,你的工作中仍然会有一些你不喜欢的部分。
You can be a university professor and it's still going to be… you have to go to committee meetings, and you have to do.
你可以是一名大学教授,但它仍然要参加委员会会议,而且你必须去。
You know there are every job comes with pieces you don't like and we need to say, that's part of it.
你知道,每一份工作都有你不喜欢的部分,我们需要说,这是其中的一部分。
不要怨恨这些东西,或者尽量不怨恨,但也要尽量减少它们。
I tell senior
executives5; you should have the least stress.
我告诉高级管理人员,你应该把你的承受的压力降到最小。
You know there's this
weird6 I think false idea that CEOs, I'm a CEO.
有一种奇怪的我认为错误的想法,认为CEO,我是CEO。
There's this false idea that CEOs are under the most stress.
有一种错误的想法,认为首席执行官承受的压力最大。
Well, I look at that, I'm like why, you're in charge.
嗯,我看着它,我想为什么,你说了算。
你为什么不把压力分给别人呢?
It's your choice.
这是你的选择。
So, you have to figure out how to set up your life in such a way that you can minimize the things.
所以,你必须弄清楚如何建立你的生活,以一种可以把事情最小化的方式。
I find people don't dislike hard work; what people dislike what is being out of control.
我发现人们并不讨厌艰苦的工作;人们讨厌的是失控的工作。
Like, they can't control their life, they can't control their environment.
就像,他们无法控制自己的生活,他们无法控制自己的环境。
This happens to me when I get over scheduled.
当我安排超时,这种情况就会发生在我身上。
I hate being over scheduled.
我讨厌安排得太多。
I want some time to be able to think and free myself, we all have the same amount of time in the world.
我需要一些时间来思考和解放自己,我们在这个世界上都有同样多的时间。
Nobody has more time than anybody else.
没有人比任何人都有更多的时间。
And when you become a very successful person one of the things you start to get over scheduled.
而当你成为一个非常成功的人时,你会开始超时安排。
You have this event, you had to agree to do this and maybe last night you were like, ‘why did I agree to do this.'
你有一个活动,你必须同意这样做,也许昨晚你会说,‘我为什么要同意这样做。'
I have to go on stage tomorrow, I wish I were really with my family and you know or I hope maybe not this case.
我明天要上台了,我希望我真的能和家人在一起,你知道,或者我希望也许不是这个案子。
Let's say that you like this one, but in general that kind of thing happens.
假设你喜欢这个,但通常会发生这样的事情。
So, you have to guard your time and try to say a little bit flexible.
因此,你必须保护自己的时间,并尽量说得灵活一点。
So, that's for me it's not a waste of time, but I like to have some freedom of movement rather than having every minute of every day scheduled.
所以,对我来说,这不是在浪费时间,但我喜欢活动自由一点,而不是把每天的每一分钟都安排好。
What is your one hot tip for somebody on the
onset8 of their career?
对于刚开始职业生涯的人,你有什么建议?
So, a young person starting their career, I think there are probably a lot of things.
对于刚开始职业生涯的年轻人,我认为可能有很多事情要做。
Some of them are very well known and people have heard them many times they're still true.
其中一些是众所周知的,人们已经听过很多次了,它们仍然是正确的。
One of those that you should always focus on a young person should find something that they're
passionate9 about to do.
你应该一直关注的一点是年轻人应该找到他们热衷于做的事情。
And that's not going to surprise anyone, it's a clear thing to do.
这不会让任何人感到惊讶,这是一件显而易见的事情。
It's very hard, if you don't love your work, you're never going to be great at it.
这很难,如果你不热爱你的工作,你永远不会在这方面做得很好。
分享到: